We are looking for an experienced UI/UX designer to be the design owner of meinUnterricht - Germany’s leading platform for teachers. Someone who uses the mastery of their craft to turn user insights into beautifully designed products and inspire the organisation by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built.Your responsibilities will be:
You come with:
- Leading all of our design projects. You set the vision for our user experience
- Working with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and marketing folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Being autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail
- Knowing when to rapidly produce concepts and prototypes and when pixel-perfect attention to detail is needed
- At least 3 years of experience in a UI/UX role - ideally in a consumer facing SaaS company
- Great communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts
- A customer-focused design mentality. You are constantly seeking improvement through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test
- An ability to work with our data team - you understand and use the value of qualitative and quantitative data.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us (applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered)
- Fluency in English (German is a big plus)
How to apply:
- Working for an organization with a clear purpose
- A culture of trust and constant feedback
- The usual: Free drinks, team events, a fruit basket etc.
- Outstanding lunch opportunities in walking distance of our charming office in the heart of Neukölln
- To be the heart and center of our product design and shape the future of our product experience
- Send us your CV and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At K.lab, we are building a software as a service platform for the quickly changing education sector and we are looking for quick hands and quicker brains to help us deliver a cutting edge, constantly evolving system. You love responsive user-interfaces and dynamic websites and like to work hard with a team in order to implement as many ideas as possible. You’re not afraid of new database technologies and you enjoy analyzing the framework in order to understand how things work. Overall you are an open, flexible problem solver who enjoys working in a close-knit team. Does this sound like a reflection of you? Then you have come to the right place. Your responsibilities will be:
You come with:
- Developing highly scalable API’s
- Implementing AngularJS components with the help of newest web-standards (HTML5, CSS3, …)
- Extent and improve our webapp in fast iterations, based on user feedback and usage data
- Build new and iterate over existing backend services in NodeJS, JAVA
- Ensure scalability and redundancy of our infrastructure
- Expand an interactive API documentation
- Store and retrieve data from sources like Redis, MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra
- Work in a hyperproductive team of developers
- Coordinate your efforts with the company employing SCRUM techniques
- Quickly become a decision and difference maker
- Contribute to and even start open-source projects
- At least 2 years of experience with AngularJS, Stylus/SASS, Gulp and GIT versioning
- You know your way around Linux shell.
- You are familiar with different relational and document database concepts, e.g. MongoDB and Redis, MySql.
- Good knowledge of Test Driven Development.
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, AWS, Docker and continuous delivery is an added advantage.
- You are not afraid of creating front-end interfaces using AngularJS / React
- You are an active communicator
- You are a super fast learner
How to apply:
- a great team
- a nice office in Berlin's booming district Neukölln
- a fair package
- We guarantee an inspiring environment, creative freedom and the chance to contribute your own ideas in order to co-create our project
- send us your CV and
- examples of your work, e.g. project in a github account or other code-samples to email@example.com
- be willing to do a code-test in round#2 that might take you several hours to complete
- be willing to visit our office for one full test-work-day in round#3
At K.lab, we are building software as a service platform for the quickly changing education technology sector. We help teachers to prepare their lessons by providing high-quality content from some of the most renowned publishing houses in Germany. What we are looking for:
At the moment we are starting the third iteration of our backend, so you will join the team in the perfect moment to start new projects from scratch, explore new technologies and take part in architecture decisions.
We are looking for an engineer to help us build a cutting edge, constantly evolving system. You are willing to join a wonderful team, focused on delivering value to our customers and improving everyday. You’re not afraid of learning new technologies and you enjoy analyzing how things work. Overall you are an open, flexible problem-solver who likes working in a close-knit team. Does this sound like you? Then this is your place.You come with:
- At least 3 years of experience developing JS applications
- Experience using NodeJS
- Proven experience in building RESTful APIs
- Proven experience using relational and noSQL databases
- You know your way around CI systems and build processes (Jenkins, Gulp, Grunt, etc.)
- Experience using Docker
- Great communication skills both written and spoken
- You like pair-programming
- Bonus: Experience with graph databases
- Bonus: Knowledge and experience using Elasticsearch
- Bonus: Experience developing using TDD
- Bonus: Experience with frontend frameworks like AngularJS and React
How to apply:
- Regular Team-Events
- Free drinks in a cozy office
- Easy-to-reach office in the heart of Berlin's buzzing Neukölln district
- Private bike parking
- Flexible working hours
- Send us your CV and examples of your work, e.g. project in GitHub or other code-samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.